Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wanna share with everyone - from a forwarded mail

FW: TO THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED,NOT MARRIED AND SOON TO BE MARRIED‏

> When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held
> her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She
> sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her
> eyes.
>
> Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had
> to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce.. I
> raised the topic calmly.
>
> She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she
> asked me softly, why?
> I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away
> the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That
> night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I
> knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our
> marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer;
> she had lost my heart to Dew. I didn't love her
> anymore. I just pitied her!
>
> With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement
> which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30%
> stake of my company.
>
> She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman
> who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a
> stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and
> energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved
> Dew so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me,
> which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was
> actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had
> obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and
> clearer now.
>
> The next day, I came back home very late and found her
> writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but
> went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I
> was tired after an eventful day with Dew.
>
> When I woke up, she was still there
> at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over
> and was asleep again.
>
> In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she
> didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's
> notice before the divorce.
> She requested that in that one month we both struggle to
> live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple:
> our son had his exams in a month's time and she
> didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.
>
> This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she
> asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal
> room on our wedding day.
>
> She requested that everyday for the month's duration I
> carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning.
> I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days
> together bearable I accepted her odd request.
>
> I told Dew about my wife's divorce conditions... She
> laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what
> tricks she applies, she has
> to face the divorce, she said scornfully..
>
> My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my
> divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I
> carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy.
> Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mummy in his
> arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom
> to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten
> meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said
> softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded,
> feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She
> went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the
> office.
>
> On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She
> leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her
> blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman
> carefully for a long time.. I realized she was not young any
> more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was
> graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on
> her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.
>
> On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of
> intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten
> years of her life to me.
>
> On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of
> intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Dew about
> this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by.
> Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.
>
> She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on
> quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then
> she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly
> realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why
> I could carry her more easily.
>
> Suddenly it hit me... she had buried so much pain and
> bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and
> touched her head.
>
> Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time
> to carry mum out. To him, seeing his father carrying his
> mother
> out had become an essential part of his life. My wife
> gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I
> turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my
> mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms,
> walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the
> hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I
> held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.
>
> But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day,
> when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step....
> Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I
> hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy.
>
> I drove to office.... jumped out of the car swiftly without
> locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me
> change my mind... I walked upstairs. Dew opened the door and
> I said to her, Sorry, Dew, I do not want the divorce
> anymore.
>
> She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead.
> Do you have a fever?
> She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Dew, I
> said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring
> probably because she and I didn't value the details of
> our lives, not because we didn't love each other any
> more. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on
> our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us
> apart.
>
> Dew seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and
> then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked
> downstairs and drove away.
>
> At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of
> flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on
> the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every
> morning until death do us apart.
>
> That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile
> on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed
> - dead.
>
>
>
> The small details of your lives are what really matter in
> a
> relationship. It is not the mansion, the car,
> property, the money in the bank, blah..blah..blah.
> These create an environment conducive for happiness
> but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be
> your spouse's friend and do those little things for each
> other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!
>
> If you don't share this, nothing will happen to you.
>
> If you do, you just might save a marriage.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is a nice story...

No comments: